Date(s) - 01/19/2022 - 01/21/2022
This is a FREE conference
The Community Support Network is pleased once again to offer our annual conference on post-secondary transition covering topics ranging from employment options, inclusive college programs, social and recreational programs, systems navigation, self-advocacy, and policy issues with several breakout tracks to choose from.
This year’s threads include:
- For Self-Advocates: Sessions focused on issues for individuals with disabilities
- Self-Help: Strategies and ideas to cope with stress and wellness ideas
- Self-Determination: Strategies to promote responsibility and independence
- Inclusive Higher Education: Information and promising practices in college programs for students with I/DD
- Financial Planning and Systems Navigation: Information regarding benefits systems and financial planning
- For School Administrators: Best practices to build capacity for inclusive transition supports and services. Learn from experts and each other.
- Introduction to Everything: Beginners guide for families just starting transition planning
- Living and Working: Promising practices around Housing, Employment, and Recreation
In order to be sensitive to work, family commitments, and ‘zoom fatigue’ the conference will take place over three days.
To preview the agenda, as well as other important details about our virtual event, please visit our conference website here
Please email: email@example.com
The Community Support Network (CSN) at Westchester Institute for Human Development is the Hudson Valley’s resource for individuals with disabilities, their families, and the professionals supporting them.
Our experts are knowledgeable about all the disability systems serving individuals with disabilities across the lifespan and are available to help YOU.
We provide resources, training, direct services, and support and guidance to families, schools, agencies, and individuals themselves on disability related issues and topics. Click here to visit our webpage.
See our monthly calendar of events at: