Date(s) - 09/29/2021
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The CNY Regional Interagency Technical Assistance Team Presents:
Agency 101: Connecting Individuals with Disabilities to Adult Services
FREE Zoom presentation with a Q&A session with ACCES-VR, NYSCB, OMH, OPWDD, and Family and Youth Partners
This virtual training offers an overview of primary adult services for middle and high school students with disabilities and those who support them. Participants can attend the whole day or choose to attend the agency presentations of their choice.
- Recognize and identify the most recent definition of self-determination and the eight different components which comprise self-determination;
- Access and utilize materials and resources to aid in the promotion of self-determination throughout the transition planning process;
- Recognize the various adult service agencies available in NYS and the different types of services they provide;
- Connect students with disabilities and their families to essential post-school options and supports;
- Recognize that appropriate referrals to adult State VR services, community agency providers, independent living centers and other community systems of support correlates to attaining positive post-secondary outcomes, including employment outcomes.
Register by email to LindaCNYTeam@aol.com indicate your name, agency/role, and county.
Link to the training, timeline of agency presentations and additional information will be emailed the day before.
The Central New York Regional Interagency Technical Assistance Team supports collaborative cross systems work at the local level and is comprised of regional state agency representatives, family and youth partners, and advocacy organizations. This free training is provided with funding made available by the NYS Office of Mental Health through the NYS Council on Children and Families.