Date(s) - 09/13/2021
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Parent to Parent of NYS Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Workshop
NY S Office for People With Developmental Disabilities
Through this workshop, you will learn the diagnostic criteria used in identifying Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, effects of alcohol on a developing fetus, possible birth outcomes, and strategies for working with individuals with an FASD.
If you do not already have a SLMS Account, you will need to register for the a SLMS Account first. Once you have an account, you will click on the training site picture and enter FASD 101 in the search box at the top of the page. You will find several sites across NYS that you can register at.
In order to be able to see classes offered by OPWDD, you will need to sign up for an external user account- Click Here
SLMS Account Creation 05/02/16
- 1. Go to the OPWDD External User Registration
- 2. Fill out the required information: ·First Name ·Last Name ·Affiliation: Click on Magnifier glass and choose: oIndividual oFamily oVoluntary Agency oOther ·Email Address. If you do not have an email address please call (518) 473-1190 to continue with registration.
- 3. Select ‘Submit Information.’ This will bring you to you SLMS Account Homepage.
- 4. On the left hand side of the page, select ‘Find Learning’ to be able to start enrolling in courses. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided in the required field. The email will contain your:
- ·Username (email address used to create account)
- ·Temporary password.
The temporary password will be used for the first time you login.
Once logged in, you will be prompted to change your password. Once you have submitted the form, you can log into nyslearn.ny.gov log into SLMS Your user ID is your ENTIRE EMAIL ADDRESS you registered with and the temporary password is welcome1 (lower case, no spaces). You can then find learning and enroll in classes.